Situation: workforce solutions provider seeking to challenge unconscious bias in recruitment
- Our client is a global industry leader with 25,000+ employees in the UK. With an ageing workforce, the client has actively invested in talent attraction campaigns targeting young people.
- A historical analysis of their recruitment data, highlighted a very low percentage of applicants made it beyond first interview stage.
- We developed a pilot programme for 30 operational managers to confront and overcome unconscious biases around recruiting young people.
- 1 day experiential learning intervention
- The focus is on observation and development around unconscious bias, active listening, questioning, and feedback skills of each participant.
- 90 min coaching session
- 1 day experiential course
- 30 min post-course coaching session
- 1 page individual feedback report
90% of managers agreed the experiential programme was highly effective for developing their interview practice and for giving feedback to young people
National rollout: The programme has subsequently been rolled out in London and across a number of other major English cities, with an expansion in scope to cover management techniques for young people.